Q: High idle 2001 Honda CR-V

Hi, my car has been over idling lately & i had a machanic do a tune up recently, i made the mistake of not asking for the parts afterwards! This shouldn't of happened if my spark plugs were just changed & are new right? Or would it still occur after having my car tuned up? Thank u in advance..

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi There, What you are describing may be a result of a vacuum leak. High idle speeds or in some cases rough idle, stalling and hissing sounds are common signs of a vacuum leak. When a vacuum leak is present in an engine, this causes an excessive imbalance in the air/fuel ratio which creates a loss of power and causes the motor to run at a much higher RPM as a result of the increased oxygen present in the fuel charge being injected into the motor. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vacuum leak as these can be very difficult and time consuming to trace.

Hi there - the first task is to check for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is illuminated or not. Most auto parts stores will do this for you for free on a time-available basis. Your symptoms suggest either an idle control valve problem (or air leak in the intake), or a malfunctioning throttle position sensor (TPS). The TPS problem should cause the Check Engine light to come on, but the idle air issue might not. I recommend a high engine idle performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. High idle 2001 Honda CR-V