Q: What is the Anti-Scan feature on the Securicode® system?

What is the Anti-Scan feature on the Securicode® system?

While your Securicode® keypad system offers a handy way to get into and out of the vehicle without having to use the key or remote to lock and unlock the doors, it’s a potential weak spot for thieves. Ford built in an Anti-Scan feature to help prevent intruders from guessing the code. Here’s how it works:

• If the wrong code has been entered 7 times, the system will lock down.

• Anti-scan mode lasts for a full minute.

• The keypad light will flash while anti-scan mode is active.

• It will turn off after 60 seconds with no activity on the keypad.

• It will also turn off if you press the Unlock button on your remote.

• It will turn off if the ignition is turned to ON.