Q: I have broken 3 sepentine belts in the last week, i replaced the tensioner pulley as well. What else could be causing my issue?

I have replaced the sepentine belt and tensioner pulley, but it seized again and snapped the belt, what could be casuing rhe tensioner pulley to seize again?

The pulley has a ball bearing within. The failure mode, or causes of failure, is limited to three possibilities: 1) defective, or worn out, ball bearings; 2) lubrication failure; 3) overloading. To eliminate possibility Nos. 1 and 2 you could try using the OEM Toyota supplied part. As far as overloading, measure belt tension to see if it is excessive. For example, a possibility is you have the wrong belt (too short) and that would increase the load on the bearing. Also, check to be sure that all the pulleys are operating in the same plane. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a serpentine belt/rotating elements diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have broken 3 sepentine belts in the last week, i replaced the tensioner pulley as well. What else could be causing my issue?