Q: After sitting overnight, white smoke when car starts

I have found that the parts for my car are rare and it has a motor different from most other cars. My problem is when the car has been sitting for over two hours, or overnight, when you start the car there’s a very white smoke that it spits out for about 10 seconds, then it disappears. It doesn’t smell like gas or antifreeze and I just can’t figure it out. Is what is causing this because this is a supercharged car and if that’s not it, what is the problem?

A: If it isn’t grayish or blueish, then its ju...

If it isn’t grayish or blueish, then its just steam and it’s nothing to worry about. Even if it is grayish / bluish, thats a little bit of oil burning, which wouldn’t be all that surprising for a 15 year old supercharged engine. Could be slightly leaky valve guides, but if it only occurs during start up and only for a moment, I wouldn’t sweat it too much. If you feel that engine performance has been compromised, you may want to have an expert, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the smoke and let you know if actions are needed.