Q: There is a ca clunk sound when shifting into reverse.

asked by on March 11, 2016

Whenever I shift my car into reverse from park it makes a ca clunk sound that slightly moves the car. I was wondering what it could be it is coming from the engine bay. I talked to a mechanic they didn't diagnose it but they said it could be the motor mounts. What do you think?

Hello. The technician you had look at the vehicle is correct. The symptoms you describe are that of faulty engine mounts, the torque mounts more specifically. This is a common issue on your particular vehicle and can be resolved in a short amount of time. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, replace the motor mounts on your vehicle and check for other irregularities.