Q: I have a 2007 lexus is250. I got an oil change 3 weeks ago. A few days ago it showed a low engine oil warning on the dash so I dec

I have a 2007 lexus is250. I got an oil change 3 weeks ago. A few days ago it showed a low engine oil warning on the dash so I decided that I would take it back to the oil change shop on my day off. Today as I was leaving work, my car started to slow down so I pulled over on the side of the road then it went off. I tried to start it but it won't, though all the lights are coming on. I had to get it towed. Does this mean my engine is out? And why would the engine oil level be low yet I just got an oil change?

Check the engine oil level using the dipstick. If the level on the dipstick is below the add level, or if no oil appears on the dipstick, add enough oil to bring the level to the full mark on the dipstick. Then, try to start the car. If the level was low, there are many possible causes: there is a leak, the car is using oil (burning oil), or the oil change facility did not add enough oil to begin with three weeks ago. If the oil level on the dipstick was too low and you added oil, or the oil level was within the normal range all along, and yet the car will still not start, the recommended service is a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2007 lexus is250. I got an oil change 3 weeks ago. A few days ago it showed a low engine oil warning on the dash so I dec