Q: Steering control has a "dead" band when you turn it left of right

When I turn the steering wheel slightly, nothing happens, then suddenly it starts reacting. It's almost like there is a slight dead area when nothing happens.

A: You can try and re-calibrate the steering b...

You can try and re-calibrate the steering by starting the car and turning the steering wheel from straight ahead to left more than 360 degrees, then returning back to center. Next, turn the steering wheel to the right from center position, over 360 degrees, and then back to the center. Next, turn off the car and remove the key, then insert the key and restart the vehicle. This should calibrate the steering.

If the problem continues then I’d recommend contacting the dealer to check for any recalls pertaining to your vehicles steering. A certified mobile mechanic can come to you in order to diagnose the issue with your steering if the dealer is unable to help. The technician can then address the issue once it has been pinpointed. Good luck.