Q: About every 5-10 minutes while driving, since start up, the "Oil Pressure is low" icon comes on, but goes away.

About every 5-10 minutes while driving, since start up, the "Oil Pressure is low" Icon comes on, but goes away. As I see it, the oil level is okay. I did just have the oil pan replaced due to a leak. Could this be the reason the sensor keeps warning me? I'm worried about it.

A: Hey there. The oil pan being replaced shoul...

Hey there. The oil pan being replaced should not impact the oil pressure unless there was not sufficient oil put back into the motor after replacing the pan. I would suggest checking the oil using the dipstick to be sure the correct amount of oil is in the motor. If this checks out as it should, this may be a sign of a faulty oil pressure sending unit which is a sensor in the engine block that detects oil pressure and relays this to the computer which then displays this in your gauge. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the oil warning light so that it can be corrected appropriately.