Q: About every 5-10 minutes while driving, since start up, the "Oil Pressure is low" icon comes on, but goes away.

asked by on November 08, 2016

About every 5-10 minutes while driving, since start up, the "Oil Pressure is low" Icon comes on, but goes away. As I see it, the oil level is okay. I did just have the oil pan replaced due to a leak. Could this be the reason the sensor keeps warning me? I'm worried about it.

Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement $88.87 - $220.77 Get a Quote
Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there. The oil pan being replaced should not impact the oil pressure unless there was not sufficient oil put back into the motor after replacing the pan. I would suggest checking the oil using the dipstick to be sure the correct amount of oil is in the motor. If this checks out as it should, this may be a sign of a faulty oil pressure sending unit which is a sensor in the engine block that detects oil pressure and relays this to the computer which then displays this in your gauge. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the oil warning light so that it can be corrected appropriately.