I'm getting these error codes : 2f4f, 4F81, 4F84, 4F8F b...

Q: I'm getting these error codes : 2f4f, 4F81, 4F84, 4F8F

asked by on December 01, 2017

I am getting the transmission light on and I had it checked and with the little checker it gives me this list 2F4F , 4F81, 4F84, 4F8F. I need help understanding what these codes mean !

Based on the codes, one of the more likely failures relates to a break in the mechatronic sealing sleeve and adapter (BMW parts nos. 24347588725 and 24347588724). Of course there are other and additional possibilities but such can only be determined during an actual diagnostic. Replacement of the sleeve and adapter requires removing the transmission oil pan and valve body; that is an "on-the-car" repair. Should you desire a diagnostic, and replacement of any required parts, please request a check engine light diagnostic. If you schedule that diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you and all on a mobile basis right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.