Q: No oil on dipstick and slightly lower oil pressure

Checked dipstick it is bone dry. Ended up adding 6 quarts oil. Kept checking dipstick over the course or 24 hours and still dry dipstick. Truck was level when checking oil. I let truck run for 5 min after changing oil. I put oil in correct. Not seeing any leaks. oil pressure from dash reads between 20 and 40 when idling and driving. Oil pressure gauge not bouncing around.

Hello. If you are checking the oil at the dipstick and it is being added to the correct area then you more than likely have a serious internal sludge issue. If there is a lot of sludge then the oil cannot properly return to the oil pan. I typically remove the valve covers to inspect for this as there should be no other reasons why the oil would not return to the oil pan. If you need to have this problem checked out, consider having a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose the low oil level and make the necessary repairs.

3. No oil on dipstick and slightly lower oil pressure