Q: when i use emergency brake only one side locks up.

caliper pins were seized. Removed and cleaned them and greased them and replaced ripped rubber boots. Front brakes work beautiful now. but the back ebrake doesn't work. Only locks up the drivers side. the passenger side wheel does not get locked up. Brakes and rotors are new enough not to be causing the issue. maybe caliper piston seized on one side? or air in the lines on the one side?

Hello. If the parking brake is only working on one side then you more than likely have an issue with the caliper on the non-functioning side. I usually start by checking the function of the caliper. I remove the wheel and make sure that the brakes are fine. If they are then I have someone actuate the parking brake and watch the piston. It should move out when the parking brake is applied. If the cable is working on the back of the caliper and it is not moving the piston then the caliper is bad. If it is moving then it may just need to be adjusted which typically only needs several applications of the parking brake. If the calipers working and it just will not hold then the brake pads are not broken into the rotor correctly. If you want to have your brakes repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose and repair your parking brake] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/parking-emergency-brake-does-not-work-inspection