Q: 2 Major jerks felt today while accelerating from stop.

I have a 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5XT with the turbo. I just had timing belt changed out and 2 new front axles replaced and been driving great, only has 98k miles on car. But today I was at a stop light and when I slowly accelerated there was 2 hard jolts that were so hard I turned around to see if someone had rear ended me because it was such a hard jerk. Got home drove around a bit, put in reverse and seems fine again. can you help

A: Hi there. There could be an issue with the...

Hi there. There could be an issue with the throttle position sensor (TPS) or a sticky throttle plate. First check to see if the throttle plate is sticking. If the plate is working properly, then check the TPS for any damage and look at the plug for any burns or moisture. Check the computer for any pending codes. If the vehicle jerked, even if the engine light is not on, there could be pending codes. If you need further assistance with the vehicle jerking as if another car hit your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.