Q: What type of child seat should I use?

What type of child seat should I use?

Using the right type of child seat is critical to protecting your little ones while on the road. Your Altima is able to accommodate three different types of child seats:

• Rear facing child seats

• Front facing child seats

• Booster seats

The type of seat your child needs is determined by US federal law and the regulations in your state. Check your state’s DOT website or with the Department of Consumer Affairs to learn what’s required of parents traveling with Children. Generally, the rules are based on weight and height, but some states have laws based on age as well.

3. What type of child seat should I use?