Q: When replacing rear brake pads on 2012 nissan rogue is it necessary to replace rotors at the same time?

Wondering if its necessary to replace rotors at same time as brake pads or not

Whenever brake pads are replaced the brake rotors must be resurfaced on a brake lathe or replaced outright. Putting new pads on a worn rotor is a guarantee that the new pads will wear irregularly, you will have vibration, and so forth. On vehicles with over 75,000 miles, the calipers are strong candidates for replacement due to the high heat and corrosion that calipers are subjected to. Eventually, calipers get sticky and once in that condition that ruins the brake pads. At minimum, the sliding pins on the torque plate have to be carefully cleaned and re-greased. If you use conventional DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid, all 4 wheel positions should be bled at time of major brake service to thoroughly remove the accumulated moisture from the system. If you want your brakes serviced properly, and according to the instructions, the services to request are brake pad replacement and brake rotor replacement.