Q: Possible valve seat loose

I have a possible valve seat loose. The cylinder is making a noise. I had recent head work done before purchasing the vehicle. The vehicle also does not idle smoothly.

The valve seat is a part of the cylinder head and can not come loose. It is possible to have a broken spring, bent pushrod, or maladjusted rocker arm. This is all work that is associated with the repair you recently had done. This would all cause valve train noise and a misfire. If the work was recent and is still under warranty I would suggest taking it back. A certified mechanic can help you pinpoint your rough idle and make the necessary repairs to get you running smoothly again.

3. Possible valve seat loose