Q: Windshield wipers turn on when I turn on fog lamps.

asked by on December 07, 2016

When i turn on my fog lights my windsheild wipers turn on but when i turn them off the windshield wipers turn off also and the windshield wipers switch will be off and they still turn on when i turn on my fog lights

Hi there. Check the wires to the fog lights and the wiper system. There is a short to from the fog lights to the wiper system. Try turning on the wipers only and see if the fog lights come on. If they do, then the power wire to the fog lights is shorted to the power wire to the wiper blade system before the switch. If the fog lights come on with the wipers, but the wipers come on only when the wiper switch is on, then the power wire to the fog lights is shorted to the ground wire after the wiper switch. If you need further assistance with an electrical wiring issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.