Q: Display isn't working, says a/c isn't connected, engine just lost power- but a/c, radiator, oil, gas, intake are all connected.

asked by on July 08, 2016

For the past few weeks my car had been having faults with the display, radio, and A/C saying it isnt connected even tho the AC was working and so wasthe radio, but the car sensors wete behaving funny. Im on the freeway pulled over, my car suddenly lost power and me emegency maintencence alert and check engine light went on. Not sure if engine sensors are failing or something is wrong with engine.

That sounds frustrating. You will need to get your car scanned using a scan tool that communicates well with a Prius. This will identify the diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) that you can use to begin your diagnosis.

You can start by getting the 12v battery tested (that’s the small one in the back) and making sure that it has at least 75% charge. Ensure that you check all the fuses; including those on the inside as well. Toyota has issued a technical service bulletin (TSB # EL002-05) that addresses a similar known issue and it may apply to your car.

It is recommended that you get a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect your Prius and determine the cause of the problem. You can also contact the YourMechanic Customer Service desk at 1-888-341-3994.