Q: Whining noise when accelerate and then let go of pedal

My car has a whining sound when I accelerate and then let go of the pedal. I've checked the belt, alternator, etc. and can't figure it out. What can you tell me about this?

The whining is in the CVT transmission and depending on the noise, it may be a normal noise from the transmission.

The noise is the transmission CVT belt changing pitch as you drive faster. Sometime the noise will get excessively loud when the transmission belt is worn and slipping. My suggestion is to have the transmission checked by a qualified CVT transmission mechanic to see if the problem is okay, or if there is an internal problem in the transmission.

For a second opinion, you could have a qualified mechanic come to your home or office to inspect the whining sound.

3. Whining noise when accelerate and then let go of pedal