Q: my rear windshield wipers move very slow and sometimes even stop. I am sure they could never move snow

my rear windshield wipers move very slow and sometimes even stop. I am sure they could never move snow

When wipers move slowly or not at all, that can indicate a couple of things. The wiper motor may have failed. It could be damaged internally or simply worn, not producing enough power to even move the wiper correctly. Also, loose or damages linkage between the wiper motor and wiper arm can be at fault. There can also be an electrical issue that is reducing power to the wiper motor.

TIP: Neither front or rear wiper motors or linkages respond well to the heavy weight of snow. It is always best to clear the vehicle of snow before driving off, and not relying on the wipers to clear a heavy snowfall. That damages the linkage and motor over time, or even immediately in many cases.

Have a certified technician inspect the rear wiper system to locate the exact cause.

3. my rear windshield wipers move very slow and sometimes even stop. I am sure they could never move snow