Q: Car hesitates when accelerating

My car hesitates when trying to accelerate, and the Check Engine light begins to blink. I had it checked, and the code read Throttle Position Sensor.

Hi there. It is very likely that a faulty throttle position sensor (TPS) is causing your problem. The TPS receives signals from your computer telling it where to position the throttle at any given time. A faulty TPS will also cause erratic RPMs while idling. A mechanic sent by YourMechanic can quickly diagnose the extent of your acceleration issue and replace your throttle position sensor if needed.