Q: Transmission slipping

asked by on September 10, 2016

The transmission slips sometimes.i would like to know what the solenoid A looks like because that's what the diagnostic said was wrong with it

Hello...if it is a shift solenoid, that electronically controlled valve is in the transmission "valve body". Often, the part can be replaced without removing the transmission. However, the valve body might have to be removed. This is a fairly typical transmission repair at YourMechanic and thus we will be pleased to provide an estimate of the cost and repair time.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr