Q: Coil light flashes when driving my 11 plate audi a3 sline

asked by on December 29, 2016

Coil light flashes and loses power plus engine management light is on

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It is likely that at least one ignition coil is misfiring. With the engine management light on, there should be a fault code set in the system. This will lead a technician to find which coil is misfiring. Have a certified technician scan the system to fin the fault code. This will help to isolate which coil may be the culprit. TIP: Generally when one coil goes bad, the others may not be far behind. They generally will not all fail together but they may continue to fail one at a time over several months. If it’s within your means and one coil turns out to be bad, replace the coils for all the cylinders at the same time to avoid the inconvenience.