Q: When I go to use fix-a-flat I can hear my tire deflating more

When I screw the hose from fix a flat onto my tire valve I can hear it deflating before I press the nozzle. I am nervous to be spraying the fix-a-flat solution in while it is pumping out air. Should I be waiting until my tire is completely flat? It is at 14psi when it should be at 33psi.

First of all, fix-a-flat is to be used as a backup to using a good spare tire. If you add the fix-a-flat to a leaking tire, you should follow the directions on the can to add the liquid to the tire. Some types want you to turn the can upside down and others want you to put the can right side up before pushing the nozzle.

If you are using the can correctly, then the liquid is pushed in to the tire and then the air in the can will go into the tire to give you enough air to get to a service station to get the tire fixed. Get the tire fixed as soon as possible. If the can of fix-a-flat can is bad it may have leaked out all the pressure before you used it and will not work to fix the tire.

3. When I go to use fix-a-flat I can hear my tire deflating more