Q: Clicking sound when trying to start car

I bought a new battery a few months ago, and now it makes a clicking sound when I try and start my car.

A: Hello! There are several reasons a new batt...

Hello! There are several reasons a new battery will become bad in a short time. A faulty alternator may not be properly charging the battery and will shorten battery life. There could also be a parasitic draw in your system which will drain the battery. In rare cases a brand new battery can be defective and become bad after only a short time of usage. While a faulty starter may also cause the same concerns you are describing. I suspect that there is a issue in your starting system itself. I strongly recommend having a technician test the starter, alternator, and new battery as well as inspect the electrical system for drainage. They will be able to diagnose the clicking sound you are hearing and let you know exactly what should be repaired.