Q: How many psi does the power steering hose withstand

I am replacing the power steering hose and I wanted to know how many psi the hose will withstand

Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement $129.69 - $970.64 Get a Quote

Two types of hose are used in power steering applications, a low pressure hose for the return (to reservoir) fluid and a high pressure hose for pump discharge. Low pressure hose is generally rated at 400 PSI and operates at a fraction of that pressure. High pressure hose is rated for a working pressure of 1,500 PSI and a burst pressure of 6,000 PSI per SAE standard (SAE J2050 type 1). Often, the pressure rating of the hose will be printed right on the outer covering if you want confirmation. If you desire replacement of a pressure hose assembly, or return hose, the service to request is power steering pressure hose replacement.