Q: Vehicle was struggling to start, now won't start at all.

Car won't start. The vehicle has struggled to start over the last couple of weeks and now won't start at all.

As the former owner of an older 4Runner that experienced this exact same problem, I emphasize. I have also seen that this particular year experiences this problem more so often than others. There are actually a few different common problems that I have seen happen to this 4Runner. It could realistically range from failed starters, corroded connections near the starter and the battery, or even a bad battery period. Without inspecting the vehicle in person, it is difficult to narrow it down to one problem. Having a certified mechanic inspect the starting problems on your 4Runner is your next best move. This will allow them to check not only the starter and battery but also each component to ensure they are all working together, allowing you to start your vehicle and determine which one is causing the starting issues you are experiencing with your Toyota.

3. Vehicle was struggling to start, now won't start at all.