Q: Truck seems to hop at certain rpm

My truck starts no prob sometimes it runs rough and seems like it will stall but it doesn't and then let's say accelerating on the highway from approx 50-60 mph the truck hops basically stutters and shakes till i accelerate strongly snd get the rpm s above 1.5 then it cruises fine ... It's almost like the drive train gives a direct example of what the engine is doing please help no code shows up from local mechanic and it doesn't always do this.

A: Hello. From what you describe, it would app...

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing performance issues, perhaps misfires under heavy loads. If the engine is misfiring under heavy load it will most definitely be felt through the transmission and chassis. This can be caused for many reasons.

A few common causes are a weak fuel pump, a faulty mass airflow sensor, or faulty ignition components. I would recommend checking the fuel pressure and going from there. If no codes are present, I would recommend having a professional technician drive the vehicle to replicate the symptoms and diagnose the jerking issue.