Q: My service air bag system light is on is this dangerous

asked by on December 12, 2016

MY service air bag system light is on is this dangerous is it something i need to ave checked out right away

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The airbag light can illuminate for several reasons. Some of them are more serious than others, but it still is not something to take too lightly. Chrysler is infamous for electrical issues, and that may be the issue in this case. The vehicle can be scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes, and they will tell you what about the airbag systems has triggered the light. keep in mind newer cars are more complex airbags, and more opportunities for errors. The code will direct your attention to the sensor or circuit that is giving a bad reading. The airbag system on the driver’s steering wheel is likely the most complex. It has to be wired through a "clock spring" which allows the wires to be rotated with the steering wheel when it is turned. This is why these areas are the most common for faults. A scan for engine codes is the best way to gain insight and find direction in this situation.