Car not moving after driving for a while honda 2002 civic...

Q: Car not moving after driving for a while

asked by on February 16, 2016

When I drive my car for a while and press down on the gas pedal, it will not go. Then, after letting it sit for a while, it will drive again.

Hello. If you are losing throttle response as you drive then that can be caused by a number of things. If the Check Engine Light is coming on, then the computer needs to be scanned for codes. If no codes come up then I would typically check the sensor readings to see if any of them are out of specifications when the problem occurs. Most of the time this is caused by a crank sensor or throttle position sensor. If you need to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the stalling issue with your car.