Q: Asd relay clicking it wont start

My Jeep is a 97 I put a 98 motor in it the old motor just had a cracked block I put the new motor in and now the ASD relay is clicking also known as the anti shutdown and it won't start please help

Hello. On your particulate vehicle you should be able to disarm the anti-theft by either locking/ unlocking the driver’s door or unlocking the liftgate with the key. If doing it that way does not disable the alarm system you may have to the anti-theft system reprogrammed. The time in between the engine replacement could have been enough time for the anti-theft system to forget its programming to the key. However here is a little more information on disabling the alarm system from Jeep:

DISARMING

Vehicle Theft Security System Passive disarming of the VTSS occurs when the vehicle is unlocked using the key to unlock either front door or the liftgate. Active disarming of the VTSS occurs when the vehicle is unlocked by depressing the Unlock button of the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter.

Once the alarm has been activated (horn sounding, lights flashing, and the engine no-run feature), either disarming method will also deactivate the alarm.

Depressing the Panic button on the RKE transmitter will also disarm the VTSS, but the horn will sound and the lights will flash for about three minutes as part of the Panic feature. Refer to Power Lock Systems for more information on the Panic feature.

Vehicle Immobilizer System: Active disarming of the vehicle immobilizer system occurs when the Unlock button of either of the two Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters is depressed, regardless of ignition switch position. This is the only way that the vehicle immobilizer system can be disarmed. Following successful disarming of the vehicle immobilizer system, the set lamp on top of the instrument panel will stop flashing.