Q: Temperature problems

I have a 1999 chevy tahoe. I replaced the intake manifold gasket a few months ago. After I replaced it and put everything back together I started it and drove it. After about 10 min of driving it started getting hot so I removed the thermostat and left it out til about a few weeks ago I put a brand new one in. Now the temperature gauge gets to the quarter mark on the gauge and no higher. And my heater isn't blowing hot, it blows kinda warm. What could be the problem be and how do I fix it? My email is russell.zack03@yahoo.com if u would like to email me some solutions. Thank u

Hello there, there are many faults that will cause your 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe’s temperature gauge to only rise to 1/2 and the heat not function. The most common cause is air stuck in the cooling system, this commonly happens after repairs if the cooling system is not bleed. There are a few other potential causes such as the thermostat stuck open, cooling system leak, coolant temperature gauge fault, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your heater not working and temperature gauge reading low, making any repairs required to resolve the issue.

3. Temperature problems