Q: In my i10 the EPS is not sowing (switching ON)

asked by on October 26, 2016

Two day back the steering of my car suddenly get vibrated. i consulted the mechanic through phone, he told me to disconnect the EPS module. I disconnected it and the steering work hard. today im went to service centre for rectification of the issue. the mechanic again connected the socket to EPS module, but light for EPS was not showing. The mechanic there scanned the eps but no any signal was found and he told me that the EPS module is faulty. What will be the probable reason for not showing the EPS ligh (it may be due to damage in socket only?). kindly suggest

Hello. There are known problems with the software in the electronic power-assist steering system for 2012 models. There is a technical service bulletin (322996) which instructs dealer service to update the software in vehicles with EPS problems. I would recommend discussing this TSB with your Hyundai service manager so that you can have this corrected.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr