Q: My Transmission is acting up.

asked by on February 11, 2017

What's up with my transmission? I realize my car is old and has a bunch of Miles. When I shift from park to reverse you can feel it and it's noticeable! When I'm driving you can feel it shift. Why does it do that?

Also today I was driving normal and was at a light and my rpm jumped from 800-1000? You can hear it. like 3 times before I pulled off. Also as I was driving I was accelerating from 1st to second and my car was jumping up to 2k RPM and was so strange. What should I do? I'm going my mechanic to check my transmission and change fluid.

Check the transmission fluid and see if its full and red in color. Fill the transmission fluid up if its low on fluid and see if the issues go away. If the fluid is full and red in color, then the transmission is slipping causing the engine rpm’s to rise and make the transmission shift harder than normal. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.