Q: Car having multiple electrical problems

I seem to be having electrical problems in my car. Both the interior lights and the radio do not turn on. Plus, the front headlights started going out while driving, then the power steering and the whole car shut off. Randomly, the seatbelt light and the oil light would come on, even though they are okay. I had the battery replaced and all interior fuses checked and that didn’t help this problem. When turning on the battery, all of the needles go up to the max and then drop down before I can start the car. Also, the speedometer keeps resetting, instead of resetting every time I start it up. Please explain what I need to do to fix all of this.

A: It sounds like you have a problem in the in...

It sounds like you have a problem in the instrument cluster causing the problems. I cannot find any common problems related to what you are describing, but I suggest that you have the wiring to the cluster checked along with the charging system. Have the wiring harness to the main fuse panel checked to make sure all the connections are secure and corrosion free. Have a mechanic scan and check the body computer and cluster to see if any codes are received in order to diagnose these electrical issues for you.