Q: Engine turns over but won't start. Could it be a sensor and how do I check?

asked by on November 02, 2016

Car won't start asd has it blocked apparently how do I eliminate sensors

Hi there. There is a possibility that no power is being supplied from the ignition switch to the power distribution center fuse. The ASD relay fuse may have blown on the ground "control" side of ASD relay. Circuit tests need to be done at the ASD relay coil terminals. A test light could be used to determine what is not present, power or ground.

If power and ground circuits are present, the ASD relay may be at fault. I recommend having your vehicle inspected by a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to determine why it will not start and what repairs are necessary.