Q: My 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander sunroof wont work

hi there i drive a 2003 mitsubishi outlander sport it is awd and i love my truck i have only encountered one issue, my sunroof, the switch for the sunroof is located on the dome light right in front of the rear view mirror and when i push the button there is no noise whatsoever i cant hear the motor going and i cant seem to figure out what has gone wrong with my truck i dont quite know if its a blown fuse or if the motor has kicked the bucket. possible reasons and/or fixes greatly appreciated.

thanks calvin

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander sunroof to not function. The most common failure points are the sunroof switch, wiring harness fault, sunroof track, or sunroof motor failure. If no noise is heard at all then the sunroof track is generally functioning properly and the problem is electrical. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your sunroof electronic issues and make any repairs required to get your sunroof working again.