Q: engine wont turn over with new starter and battery in

have a new battery and stater in and the enging wont turn over go to start it and it just makes a clunk sound the wires all tested good and the connections tested good the belts all move so the engie isnt seized up whats the problem other than its a nissan

You need to check the large cable from the battery down to the starter to see if there is power present at the starter through the cable. If you have no power to the starter’s main wire then you may have a bad connection at the battery or a defective cable. If you have battery voltage the the wire then you will need to do a voltage drop test on both the starter cable from battery to the starter and the negative cable from battery to engine. If either one drops more than one volt then that cable will need to be replaced.

Feel free to contact a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, if you need help with any of these checks. They’ll be able to properly diagnose your starting issue and make the necessary repairs to get your going again.