Q: Car runs great but sometime it won't let you acellarate

I GET IN MY CAR START IT UP EVERYTHING IS FINE I PUT IT IN GEAR AND IT WON'T ACCELERATE. LIKE IT ISN'T GETTING ANY GAS. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON.
IF THE CAR SITS AWHILE IT STARTS GOING AGAIN.

It sounds like you may have a transmission problem such as transmission fluid or possibly a faulty transmission control module. Your car’s transmission uses transmission fluid to create hydraulic pressure which allows the transmission to shift gears. When the transmission is low on fluid, this may cause the car not to be able to accelerate due to the lack of the required pressure in the transmission. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other functions controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your vehicle. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission problem.

3. Car runs great but sometime it won't let you acellarate