Q: Clanging coming from the driver front - motor mounts? 2009 Chevy Cobalt

asked by on November 25, 2016

Clinging/ratteling coming from the driver front. I was wondering if its a motor mount & how many they have. LS Model 2009 cobalt. Automatic transmission.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - there are 3 {motor/transmission mounts](https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/symptoms-of-a-bad-or-failing-engine-mount) for the engine and transmission - which mounted as a single unit. The rattling noise could be a number of things depending on when the car is making the noise - while driving, especially turning (CV joint/axle), while the engine is running, whether driving or still (bracket, bad idler tensioner) or internal to the engine (timing chain, chain guides, tensioner). I would recommend an inspection of the vehicle to determine the cause and source of the noise by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr