Q: Clanging coming from the driver front - motor mounts? 2009 Chevy Cobalt

Clinging/ratteling coming from the driver front. I was wondering if its a motor mount & how many they have. LS Model 2009 cobalt. Automatic transmission.

Hi there - there are 3 {motor/transmission mounts](https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/symptoms-of-a-bad-or-failing-engine-mount) for the engine and transmission - which mounted as a single unit. The rattling noise could be a number of things depending on when the car is making the noise - while driving, especially turning (CV joint/axle), while the engine is running, whether driving or still (bracket, bad idler tensioner) or internal to the engine (timing chain, chain guides, tensioner). I would recommend an inspection of the vehicle to determine the cause and source of the noise by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Clanging coming from the driver front - motor mounts? 2009 Chevy Cobalt