Q: Car will not idle.

I think I might have a problem with the carburetor. The car does not stay on when idling.

When dealing with an older vehicle such as this, the most common cause of a poor idle is a carburetor problem. Before condemning the carburetor, the engine should be inspected for any loose or leaking vacuum hoses. The ignition timing should also be checked. If all of those are intact then the carburetor needs to be adjusted. This can be very difficult for even a seasoned mechanic. You should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that has the experience to do this.

3. Car will not idle.