Q: My car will not go into gear after being shifted from park to drive.

asked by on December 17, 2016

When I turn my car on it will not go into to gear after I change gears. I have tried all gears, it will not change out of park. Currently it will not move.

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the transmission and see if the cable is moving when the shifter is moved from the park position to the drive position. If the cable is not moving, then either the cable is broken or the shifter housing has disconnected the cable to the arm. If you need further assistance with your transmission not shifting out of park, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.