Q: Distinguish timing belt and drive belt

When I open the hood, I see the belt is worn out. I'm not sure what it is as there's no other belt besides. I look it up for answer on the internet but the information is misleading.

The drive belt is visible when you open the hood. Some cars have multiple belts. Some have one belt that "drives" all the external engine components like the water pump, a/c compressor, alternator, and power steering pump.

The timing belt is generally not visible as it is located behind the timing cover - which is located behind the external accessories such as the water pump.

Your engine uses a timing chain rather than a belt. Chains generally do not have any recommended replacement intervals. The 3.0 V6 Accord has a timing belt. If you need help having this corrected, a professional from YourMechanic can inspect the worn belts and replace either the drive belt or timing chain as necessary.

3. Distinguish timing belt and drive belt