Alarm going off when I jump my battery corolla jump-start...

Q: Alarm going off when I jump my battery

My car would not start and I had to jump my car. the only problem is that the alarm keeps going off. How do I stop this? I also think it might be my battery.

When a battery goes dead, a lot of times the computer operates on the mode it went to sleep in. For example, if the doors are locked, the alarm becomes set. When it is woken up, the car assumes a theft is occurring and sounds the alarm. You should be able to stop it by unlocking your doors with the remote or even with the key in the door. If this works, than this most likely bring the vehicle back to normal operation. And if you are having to jumpstart your car, you need to have an electrical systems analysis done. This is where your battery, starter, and alternator will be tested to see if there is a parasitic drain occurring in your car. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect your battery to see if it is properly able to hold a charge.