Q: Whenever I drive 1.5 miles, the s3 light starts blinking and then when I stop my car and come back to it, the car won't start.

In the morning, when I go to work, the car starts fine. Then if I drive 1.5 miles, the engine light comes on, the the s3 light on the dashboard starts flashing. When I stop the car to do something and when I come back, the car won't start. I have to wait for hours to get the engine to cool down so it can start again. What is my problem?

Hello, thank you for writing in. It is difficult to determine the issue without some more information. To start, when the check engine light illuminates, you want to scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes. These are what set the check engine light off, and are meant to tell the driver what the computer has detected is wrong. Codes can be pulled at most automotive parts stores, and by most technicians. Once you have that information you can focus in on one component or system. If the engine is truly overheating, then you want to start by checking your coolant and fluid levels. For more help with diagnosing and resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Whenever I drive 1.5 miles, the s3 light starts blinking and then when I stop my car and come back to it, the car won't start.