Q: Crankshaft replacement fit? 2006 Hummer H3

hello, my 2006 hummer h3 3.5l crankshaft died . the part is discontinued. my question is : does the 2007 hummer h3 3.7l crankshaft would fit ? thank you

Hello - the crankshaft on the 3.7l LLR engine does in fact have the same stroke as the L52 3.5l engine in your H3, so there is a good chance it is compatible. Check with your Hummer parts specialist for a confirmation here. It may also be possible for a crankshaft re-conditioner to re-furbish your existing crankshaft. There are a number of quality specialty machine shops that do nothing but recondition crankshafts, and are quite good at it. Check with your local machine shop for a reference on this.