Q: Ford Fiesta TDCi starts and stall immediately

asked by on August 21, 2017

I have a problem with my Ford fiesta tdci 2006 model. I was driving one day and stopped in town for an hour or so.Then started the car and it started hesitate even on low gear. Then it would not even go past 20 kmph.The coolant temp was normal.Then all of a sudden after driving like that for an km or so then temp went very high and all the collant leaked down.I let it cool down then started again this time the throttle wouldnt respond.The next day it would idle for 5-6 secs without any throttle response under 500 rpm and it stalled.I noticed black smoke from tailpipe. There was a leak in the fuel line so fixed it fine.Now the car will just start and stall immediately even if i depress the trhottle.No work.The OBD scanner showed no error code.The fuel pressure while i crank is 250 bar.The mechanics from dealer cleannedd the EGR but no luck get it to stay running.I have no idea what to do.Please help.Thank you

A few different things will usually cause the vehicle to start and then die. A bad ignition coil can cause this if it is beginning to fail, resulting in intermittent starting problems. A dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, may also cause this kind of reaction. The mass air flow sensor is a unit that measures the volume of air entering the motor and relays this information to the computer in order to cause the computer to make the proper air/fuel adjustments. A bad fuel pump or fuel pump relay may also cause this kind of starting issue as a result of the engine starving for fuel. Additionally, a vacuum leak may cause this to happen as well. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle to determine the proper solution to this.