Q: Why would I continue to have a P0106 code in my 2009 Ford Explorer

Dear Sir,

I have Ford Explorer 2009, (160.000KM = 100.000Miles)

I have a problem (check engine light ON), after Computer test i have this Code ( p0106 ),so car

mechanic told me to change the EGR sensor, I buy orginal from Ford Motor Company. but still check engine light ON ( Code P0106 ).

we test transmission Wires from EGR to Computer all GOOD!

So whats the problem? some mechanic told me to change the car Computer? another told me no? another question : (EGR sensor) is the same thing (MAP sensor) ? or Different?

Please help me Thanks

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $94.99 - $114.99 Get a Quote

If you are continuing to get this code then you either got a bad sensor or you have an issue with a clog in the EGR lines. Both are common. Also, if the check engine light was not cleared after the part was replaced then that may simply be the issue. If you want to have this checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why you are getting this code] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr