Q: Got my oil changed this morning and now my oil light is on and the cold/hot gauge is passed the h.

Had my oil changed this morning. Everything was ok at this point. I took my son somewhere later on and now my oil light is on and the h/c gauge is past the h on the left. What could cause this to happen?

Hello. It sounds like the engine was not filled all the way. A lack of engine oil or a low engine oil level will cause the oil pressure to drop and can cause the engine to overheat as well. I would recommend checking your oil level to make sure that it is full. If the oil is not full or is leaking, I would recommend taking your vehicle back to the place that changed your oil to have them correct the issue. This will likely correct the issue free of charge due to the fact that they changed the oil last. If that doesn’t help, have a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose your Oil Pressure Light and make the necessary repairs.

• Got my oil changed this morning and now my oil light is on and the cold/hot gauge is passed the h.