Q: Suspension up front makes a ton of noise, creaks

Right after I bought my 2009 Volkswagen Jetta, I noticed that the front suspension was really creaky. It usually made a sound when certain amounts of steering and suspension movement were combined, but not every time. This has gotten better over the last 8,000 miles, but I am concerned that I hear sounds at all. What can I do about this?

A: The front suspension has many moving parts ...

The front suspension has many moving parts which could cause the noise you describe. The most likely cause is the sway bar links binding. They can be inspected by turning the suspension steering and bouncing the car up and down, while feeling the links or listening to where the noise is coming from. The links for both sides should be replaced, and then verification done to ensure that the noise is gone. A trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect your car’s noise, make a diagnosis, and replace the sway bar link arms if needed.