Q: Why won't my brake lights turn off

asked by on November 03, 2017

I hit the brake pedal really hard and now the brake lights won't shut off

There is a brake light switch on or near the pedal assembly. That switch could have been jarred in such a way that the switch contacts are stuck in the closed (lights always on) position. If that is what has happened, the switch will simply need to be adjusted. To have this inspected and repaired, you can request brake light switch/circuit inspection and repair and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.